RE: [INTERFACES] What technology ???

От Herouth Maoz
Тема RE: [INTERFACES] What technology ???
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
At 21:31 +0300 on 14/7/98, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

>     That is a matter of perspective, actually...I find perl5 plus the
> CGI module easier and faster to code in then PHP/FI *shrug*  If you are
> already comfortable in Perl, Perl is better...if you aren't, then PHP is
> most likely faster to get up to speed with, but doesn't have all the
> features you would have in Perl...

And if you want the server-side application to stay in memory and hold its
database connections alive, I believe CGI is out of the question. In
addition, if your choice of web server is not Apache, a solution which
relies on it is also out of the question. In my case, server-side Java is
probably the answer.

Herouth

--
Herouth Maoz, Internet developer.